Timothy, Sophie, Elsie, Ava, Ben, and Nadia

Timothy, Sophie, Elsie, Ava, Ben, and Nadia
Spring 2011

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A "Cooky" Tradition

The kids and I have been making a different Christmas cookie every sunday in December
We leave half the dough for monday and the girls bake them for FHE
It's been pretty neat, the kids get to help on sunday and then Sophie and Nadia
get to put their new found baking skills to test the next day!


Last sunday we made some very special cookies... a family tradition.  I told
the kids when I was little I made these with my mom every Christmas... Ben 
quickly corrected me and told me I actually made them with 'grandma' :)
We added a peppermint icing to help hold more of the crushed candy cane!
Everyone loved them and it was great to carry on this fun, yummy cookie tradition
with my own kids.  We even used the "Cooky Book" that my mom gave me, 
the same one she used when I was a kid!  

No comments:

Post a Comment